Air Conditioning in Amarillo
in the Amarillo area! Call Us Today at 806-646-4822
For Comfortable Living
Count on us for regular maintenance - with exclusive member perks and service call prioritization.
Mini Split Services In Folsom
Tips to Help You Prepare for a Mini Split Installation in Your Potter County Home
Are you looking for reliable and affordable Folsom, TX mini split services? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Cap Rock Services is a leading heating and cooling company that has been maintaining the comfort of Potter County homes for years. Our team of professionally trained, fully licensed and insured technicians provides fast, affordable, and reliable mini split installation and mini split repair services that you can depend on to keep your home comfortable all year long. When you choose Cap Rock Services, you can have confidence knowing that you’ll receive Folsom, TX mini split services that will meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
How to Prepare for a Mini Split Installation
Maintaining the comfort of your home is extremely important, and with the heat and humidity that Potter County experiences, that means you need to have a reliable cooling system. While HVAC systems and window air conditioners are two of the most common tools that property owners throughout the area use to keep their homes cool, there’s an even better option to consider: a mini split system.
Mini split air conditioning, also known as ductless air conditioning, functions much like a traditional central air conditioning system, but there are some key differences between the two. A mini split is much more compact and unlike a standard HVAC system, it doesn’t use ductwork to bring the cooled air that it generates into your home. These systems are often used in hotel and hospital rooms, and they’ve also become a popular cooling option in office settings. Given the benefits that they offer, in recent years, many Potter County homeowners are opting for mini split air conditioning over a central air conditioning system.
If you’re thinking about using a ductless AC to cool your Potter County home, here’s a look at three tips that you can use to help you prepare for a mini split installation.
Select the Right Size
Just like a standard HVAC system or a window air conditioner, you want to make sure that you choose the right size mini split AC. The size of the unit impacts the amount of cooling power it will offer. It will also impact your utility costs. When you’re trying to decide what size unit to choose, you’ll need to consider the BTUs of the unit. BTU is an acronym for “British Thermal Unit” and it’s used to measure thermal energy. One BTU indicates the amount of energy that’s needed to increase the temperature of a pound of water by 1° F at sea level. In regard to ductless air conditioners, the measurement is expressed in terms of the amount of BTUs per hour the unit can add to or remove from the air. An approximate BTU sizing guide for a mini split AC is as follows:
- 150 square feet of space – 5,000 BTUs
- 250 square feet of space – 6,000 BTUs
- 300 square feet of space – 7,000 BTUs
- 400 square feet of space – 9,000 BTUs
- 700 square feet of space – 14,000 BTUs
- 1,000 square feet of space – 18,000 BTUs
- 1,600 square feet of space – 25,000 BTUs
There are larger and smaller units, too. If you aren’t sure what size ductless air conditioner you’ll need to cool your Potter County home, a reputable company that specializes in Folsom, TX mini split services will be able to point you in the right direction.
Choose the Type
There are several different types of ductless air conditioners. Options include:
- Single-zone. This type of mini split AC consists of a single indoor and outdoor unit, and it’s designed to control the temperature of a single space.
- Multi-zone. As the name suggests, a multi-zone mini split AC system is designed to cool more than one room. They can feature between two to four units that are connected to a single condenser. While the units are connected to each other, each one can function independently; in other words, you can set each unit to a different temperature.
- Wall-mounted. With this style, the mini spilt installation occurs near the top of a wall. Wall-mounted units are the most popular, as they tend to be the least expensive.
- Floor-mounted. A floor-mounted mini split AC is similar to a wall-mounted unit, except the unit is installed toward the bottom of a wall.
- Ceiling cassette. This style of mini split system is installed in the ceiling, similar to the vents of a traditional central air conditioner. Because of their location, a ceiling cassette delivers a wider flow of air than other styles. Additionally, because they are installed in the ceiling, it won’t take up any wall space.
- Concealed duct mini split. Similar to a ceiling cassette system, a concealed duct mini split AC is installed in a ceiling, and usually, they’re connected to more than one duct.
Again, if you aren’t sure what type of mini split you should choose, a reputable Potter County company that offers mini split installation services can recommend the best option for your specific needs.
Decide the Zone Layouts
If you’ve opted for a multi-zone mini split system, you’ll want to determine the best zone layout for your Potter County home and your budget, as the more zones the system features, the more expensive it will be. You’ll want to consider the layout of your property in order to achieve the best results. An experienced and reliable technician that offers Folsom, TX mini split services will be able to help you devise the most effective zone layout to deliver optimal cooling and comfort for your home.
Looking for the Most Reliable Folsom, TX Mini Split Services?
If you’re looking for the highest quality, most affordable, and most reliable mini split installation services in Potter County, get in touch with Cap Rock Services. As a leading heating and cooling company that has been servicing the homeowners of Potter County for years, we specialize in mini split installation and mini split repair services that you can count on to maintain the comfort of your home. To schedule a consultation, call 806-646-4822 or visit https://www.caprockservices.net today!
- Learn more about Folsom, TX 79107
- Open a Folsom, TX map
- Find the Folsom, TX United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Folsom, TX pharmacies
- View the current Folsom, TX weather report
- Browse a list of Folsom, TX public and private schools
- Folsom, TX is located in Potter county in Texas State